How to bypass torrent block on hathway
Hathway, one of the leading ISP in mumbai has decided to ban all torrent sites. Due tho this the users of Hathway are unable to download torrents be it legal or ahem!!
Here is a simple work around for that.
In Short: Change your DNS to "220.127.116.11" and "18.104.22.168" and add the line "22.214.171.124 login.hathway.com" (withoput quotes) to the "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" file using notepad. Disable and Re-enable your connection and restart your browser.
1. Go to your local area connection properties by right clicking on the LAN icon on your taskbar and selecting "open Network and sharing center".
2. When the window opens select "change adapter settings" on the left menu.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
3. Select Local Area Connection and right click to go to properties.
5. You will have the "obtain dns servers automatically selected". Change it to "Use the following dns servers".
7. Click OK. and then on the Local Area Connection icon obtained in step 3, right click to disable it and then again re enable it.
8. Doing this breaks the hathway web based login required to connect to the internet, but there is a workaround for that too.
9. Open the file "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" in any text editor and add a line to the end like this without the quotes "126.96.36.199 login.hathway.com"
10. Save this file and restart your browser. Now you will also be able to use the hathway login to access the intrenet.
and Woohoo!! You can now access torrents as you would do normally, all thanks to Google DNS (188.8.131.52. and 184.108.40.206).